Argentina, June 1986 (Propfreak Collection)
Aerolinea Federal Argentina (ALFA), based at Resistencia in northern Argentina, was founded in 1957 as AeroChaco. Owned by the local government, ALFA connected Resistencia with Salta, San Miguel de Tucuman, Cordoba, Mendoza, Formosa, Corrientes, Posadas and Puerto Iguazu. At their prime time, ALFA was the biggest airline outside of Buenos Aires. This Fairchild spent all her life in South America. Delivered to Paraense as PP-BUI in 1967, the turboprop was repossed by the Brazilian Government in 1970 and leased to Varig. Returned to the government in 1975 she was parked for 3 years before being sold to AeroChaco. After the name change LV-MGW operated for ALFA till 1990 when she was leased to Aeroposta, even further to the south, operating initially out of Ushuaia to Rio Gallegos and Lago Argentino (El Calafate). The Fairchild soldiered on for CATA, yet another Argentinian carrier, this time operating out of Buenos Aires. She remains stored in a derelict state at Moron, a former Fuerza Aerea Argentina base, home of the National Aeronautics Museum.